ACE3 Basic Medical System
ACE3’s basic medical system is quite a bit more complex than Arma 3’s default system, but not really difficult to grasp. ACE3 basic medical is a mixture between the ACE2 and AGM medical systems. All interactions in the medical system are done with the interaction menu. Non-medics can - by default - not perform all actions (Epinephrine and IVs) and their actions take more time as when performed by trained medics.
When hit, units start to lose blood depending on the severity of their wounds. Once the level of blood falls below a certain threshold, the unit will fall unconscious and eventually die. Units will also fall unconscious when sustaining large amounts of damage at once or from high amounts of pain.
It’s pretty straightforward compared to advanced, you only have two types of wounds.
- Yellow: Small - medium sized wound, a single bandage is usually enough.
- Red: Large wound, 2 or more bandages are usually needed.
- All of them have the same effect.
- Serves no use in basic
Use the appropriate amount depending on the situation (low / heavy loss of blood) (250, 500 or 1 000 mL)
- SalineServes no use in basic
- PlasmaServes no use in basic
- BloodRestores the blood of the patient
- Morphine removes pain
- Epinephrine wakes up the patient
- Atropine serves no use in basic
- Adenosine serves no use in basic
Is the patient responsive?
- Yes: Ask him if he has wounds / he is in pain.
- No: Go to step 2.
Step 2: Is the patient wounded?
- Yes: Treat the wounds and go to step 3.
- No: Skip this step.
Step 3: Is the patient in pain?
- Yes: Give him morphine.
- No: Skip this step.
Step 4: Did the patient lose a lot of blood?
- Yes: Give blood via IV.
- No: Go to step 5.
- No and patient responsive: You’re done.
- If at this point the patient is still not back on its feet it’s time to use an epinephrine Autoinjector.
- If the revive system is in place your character will not die until the revive timer is at 0. Even if a tank shoots your ass off an epinephrine shot will bring you back up after your wounds are treated. (The timer is invisible and may vary from mission to mission, it also depends on the amount of lives remaining you have.). You can’t do an overdose in basic.
Revive System (Basic Medical)
For the following procedure to work revive need to be enabled.
- A unit in the revive state will be unconscious and will stay unconscious until it is either woken up or the revive timer runs out.
- A unit in the revive state can’t die from any source of damage, only the timer reaching 0 can kill it.
- Each successful CPR will increase the time the unit can stay in the revive state.
- To wake up a patient treat all of his wounds, make sure he isn’t in pain and then use epinephrine.
- Each successful revive removes a life from the unit, once the lives run out the next time the unit will take fatal damage it will not enter the revive state and will die.